My Featured Article: http://theteentrends.com/7-tips-school-mode/
Attention Students: It’s almost time to immerse yourselves in the new school year. The familiar sounds of warning bells, lockers shutting, and students chattering in the halls will become your routine within the next couple of weeks. While I’m sure there are plenty of students dreading the return of homework, your return to campus doesn’t have to be as miserable. Just follow these 7 tips for getting back into school mode.
1. Get at least 8 hours of sleep every night the week leading up to the first day of school.
2. Start your days with a routine that you would normally have if it were a school day.
3. If you don’t usually eat breakfast, try eating something small in the mornings. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day after all! It makes for good brain food and also energizes you for the day ahead.
4. Attempt to wind down from your summer. Maybe you have a friend you’ve been hanging out with every day or a group of friends has been going to the beach every week. By slowly cutting back on the daily and/or weekly socializing, it’s more likely that you’ll be able to ease back into the school year, without feeling like your whole summer ended abruptly.
5. If you’ve already registered for school- get a group of your friends together to discuss each other’s class schedules, goals for the year, etc. Talking about school is a good way to prepare you for the actual thing.
6. Go school supply shopping. Nothing says preparation like stocking up on notebook paper and pencils.
7. And one of the most fun ways to prepare yourself is to plan a final trip/event of the summer with your family or friends. Whatever you plan can be the big send off for the coming school year.
Hopefully by now your summer has been awesome, and with enough planning and preparation, your school year will be even better. Good luck!