Inspiration for this blog: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdtnaXQpLrk
If you’re pressed for time but need an amazing makeup look, try this 5-minute face routine. You’ve got to work fast to beat the clock, but with enough practice and/or time constraints you’ll get it down in no time…all while looking absolutely fabulous.
1. To begin, apply a tinted moisturizer or a BB Cream (blemish balm) to all areas of your face, in a shade that closely matches your skin tone. Using either product works best because both contain built in moisturizer and color- so you’re able to eliminate 2 steps (moisturizer, foundation) by using one product.
2. Next, you’ll want to apply concealer to problems areas of your face such as: blemishes, dark spots and under eye circles.
3. Lastly, set your face with a powder of your preference.
4. Before you move on to eyes, apply blush to the apples of your cheeks. To find the apples of your cheeks smile in the mirror. The two highest and roundest parts of your cheeks are your apples.
5. Next prime the eyes. Using an eye shadow primer (Urban Decay and Too Faced both have great primers) will insure staying power of your colors.
6. For a quick yet put together look, I suggest using 3 eye shadows: a neutral shade for your all-over base, a deeper shade for your crease and a lighter shade for the lids. The lightest shade can also be used to highlight (apply to the brow bone and inner corners of eyes).
7. Line eyes with a pencil, this works best for a fast application.
8. Lastly, add mascara and you’re done!