My featured article: http://theteentrends.com/8-signs-love/
Knowing you're in love doesn't always come easy. For most teens, falling in love is something you haven't yet experienced. And with nothing to compare it to, it's nearly impossible to know if you are or aren't. In an effort to help you decipher those uncertainties, I've created a list that I hope will answer, "Am I in love? Or aren't I?"
• A good sign of knowing if you are in love is if you get butterflies. We're talking about the excited, anticipation butterflies. Not the nervous, second thought ones! Those are 2 completely different kinds. If you've got the kind that make your heart beat just a little bit faster, it's usually a good sign. It lets you know that your mate is someone who means more to you than just a friend.
• Having shared qualities is also a good indicator. Qualities might include honesty, loyalty, open communication and the ever important, respect. This means respect for yourselves, each other, and every one else.
• Feeling comfortable with and around your partner is a crucial sign too. If you aren't completely comfortable in the relationship, then chances are you aren't truly being yourself either. Love requires honesty.
• Do you laugh and have fun with each other with ease? If so, your love meter just rose a little higher. The ability to have a good time with each other no matter the circumstance, is a true judge of compatibility. If you both can make a rainy day stuck inside feel like an outdoor adventure, then you might just have a keeper.
• Some people say that the best relationships come from friendships. I couldn't agree more. Having a true and sincere friendship with the person you're with is another great sign that it could be love.
• Another way to be sure is by the amount of time you find yourself thinking about the other person. If you find that your boyfriend or girlfriend is a constant thought, especially if you just talked to or saw them- count that as another sign. People or things that are important to us, tend to be the things that are at the forefront of our minds.
• In a relationship, it isn't necessary to love EVERYTHING that your mate loves, but it is important to like some of the same things. Sharing interests, morals and goals are all indicators of that four letter word.
• Lastly, how each of you handle things when or if they get tough is a sure sign. Are you both willing to talk it through to make things work? Or do you each play the blame game? If you answered yes to the first question, I'd say you have a strong shot at love. Being able to communicate while experiencing a rough patch, shows dedication and respect. And if you've got someone who won't easily give up, then you've definitely got something special.
Not all matches turn out to be love, and that's okay. Finding someone worthy of your love takes time, but hopefully you'll both be lucky enough one day to experience some of the signs. Good luck!